....................AN IMPORTANT PSA...................
In an effort to safeguard our community we are implementing the following precautions as advised by our City, our State, and the CDC. Our multiuse facility is home to many essential health and community services, some providing vital care to the most vulnerable among us. Please help us do what we can to ensure access to these facilities remains as safe as possible.
- We strongly advise older adults, those with compromised immune systems, and those who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes to stay home if possible.
- If you are showing signs of illness or are directly caring for someone with signs of illness, please stay home.
- If you are healthy and well, please use an abundance of caution on necessary outings. Follow all CDC recommendations for protecting the health of yourself and others.
- We will continue to maintain high cleanliness standards for our public areas and the implementation of additional measures and education for our staff per the CDC guidelines.
- All community events are canceled or postponed until further notice.
As you know, our center is a collection of independent businesses and organizations. If you are seeking specific information about a tenant please inquire with them directly. Please do not call our office. While we will do our best to keep all parties well informed, information may change rapidly and affect each business differently.
Current Update as of 3/17/20 at 2pm: (information may be incomplete)
Parking gates are currently lifted and will remain so until further notice. No ticket or validation is necessary at this time.
Access to our facility will remain open for Delta Medix, PC, Electric City Dentistry, NBT Bank (9a - 4p Mon - Fri) , and USPS locations within our facility.
Please access NBT Bank and the Post Office via their Lackawanna Ave. entrance.
Currently, Household 6 Creations, LLC in the Scranton Public Market has confirmed that they will remain open for takeout only to serve our community in this time of need. (until otherwise notified) You can also purchase bottles of wine to-go from the Center City Winery (closed) at Household 6 Creations.
Our hearts are with the many small businesses that call the Marketplace and SPM home. At this time more than ever, their survival is in jeopardy. Please follow our social media pages for updates on how you can safely and responsibly support them. We value our home in this community above all else and will continue to serve it the best we can.
What is Shop Small Steamtown?
Our mission: To foster an environment where creativity and community THRIVE. How are we accomplishing this? Through public events, a spotlight on the arts, and opportunities for small businesses to take root in downtown Scranton once again. The Marketplace at Steamtown and the Scranton Public Market are proud to be a vehicle for innovation. Let's think outside the box and see what happens.
How do I join #SHOPSMALLSTEAMTOWN as a vendor/musician/artist/organization?
We want you to join our shop small community! We have the following opportunties available:
- Shop Small Steamtown Events: Our Shop Small Steamtown seasonal events bring in visiting vendors, local artists, live music, and unique interactive experiences. This is not your average craft show! We work hard to think outside of the with a focus on community and a little something for everyone to enjoy!
- First Friday Scranton: You've heard of First Friday Scranton, right? Well, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW ... the Scranton Public Market is a stop on Scranton's First Friday art walk every month. We host a variety of visiting creatives in the SPM amongst our in-house food and artisan vendors, as well as artists exhibits, performances, and unique attractions all throughout the Marketplace at Steamtown. All FREE to you and the public! *Selling vendors will need to obtain Scranto Peddlers License.
- Scranton Public Market: In the heart of our second floor sits the newly renovated Scranton Public Market. This community of small, unique, and locally owned businesses is a great place to grab lunch during the week or enjoy live music and a drink on the weekends. Boasting an array of artisan goods and serving as a weekend hub of activity and special events, there's always something to see! It runs every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11:00 PM - 4:00 PM, but vendors are free to open additional hours and many do! It's a great place for a startup to take root or a growing buisness to expand into an easy second loaction.
Have we convinced you? We'd love for you to join us as an artist, musician, organization or vendor at any or all of these incredible events! Whadayah say?
CALLING ALL ARTISTS AND VENDORS
.... join us every month for a FREE First Friday event!
Check out our FB event for all the deets ... apply at: tinyurl.com/rad7320
LIVE MUSIC SATURDAY ... every Saturday 12 - 3pm in the SPM!